Tuesday, March 6, 2007

"She doesnt work, she is a stay at home mom."

CORRECTION!!!!!

I am a work at home mom. I tend to a nearly 9 month old baby, work 6 hours a day Monday through Friday and 10+ hours on Saturday and 10+ hours on Sunday....

I am a WORK AT HOME MOTHER!!!!


My mother in law loves to brag how "she does nothing but take care of the baby." I am not a MOM only. I do many things. For instance..... lets see how Monday looked for me.


I went to bed at 10pm Sunday night.


  • Baby woke up 4 times between 10 and 4 and finally decided it was morning and playtime at 430am.

  • Fed cereal and fruit, diaper'd, dressed the baby.

  • Made coffee.

  • Made teenager get out of bed.

  • Made breakfast for hubby and teenager. (6am)

  • 7am Teenager on bus, hubby out the door.......

  • Baby naps from 715-8am.(do dishes)

  • Start van, let it warm up and get myself ready.(which means slap on eyeliner, a ponytail and a baseball cap)

  • Out the door at 840am.

  • H&R block at 9-10am to ammend taxes.(while bottle in babes mouth)

  • Go to grocery store, get WIC and a few odds and ends.

  • Drive 20 miles home, due to WIC checks being at home.

  • Head to different grocery store instead.

  • Go to Dollar General to see a friend and waste a few minutes of my day.

  • Get home at 1145, feed baby lunch (green beans, crackers and applesauce)

  • Hubby calls, states he is coming home for lunch. I cooked burgers, fries and mac n cheese for him.

  • Baby takes nap. 1230ish.

  • Work 2 hours while baby is still snoozing.

  • Baby wakes up around 245ish.

  • Feed, change etc baby.

  • Play time for 45minutes. Counting toes, rolling around etc.

  • Fold laundry from day before.

  • Put away said laundry.

  • Teenager home at 4pm, works on homework with him.

  • Start supper.

  • Try to watch a few minutes of Guiding Light while possible, but its not possible.

  • Eat supper, do dishes. Put supper away. (stare at my hubby and teenager who sit on their asses while I do it all, they didnt feel the death ray)

  • Feed baby supper. Change, diaper, etc...

  • Print documents for hubby's work. Detail a few excel sheets for him. Place neatly in file folders for him. (I love how I am his secrytary while he is home)

  • Give baby bath. Put in Jammies.

  • Rock baby for a while, try to catch a few minutes of tv. Baby screams, no one offers to help.

  • Baby goes to sleep around 7pm-ish (takes about a 30 minute night time nap)

  • Login to work at 715-11pm.


I am sure there are things I am missing.. oh like having the phone technician here, in my way for 2 hours while folding laundry. Lets see, what else... paying all the bills yesterday... making sure they have clothing laid out for the next day....


BUT, I am working at home as I do all of this. Do not get me wrong, I am not bitching about staying home. I am making money and not paying daycare.... it works! We are getting ready to trade in my suv for a newer, bigger on next month because of the work I do.


The whole family (all my inlaws) went out to eat Sunday night after a funeral visitation..... and my mother in law offered to pay for us, and she told my hubby "I know you arent living as you used to since Queenie stays home now". FUCK ME RUNNING!!! I am making more at home than I made full time out of the home. I am not paying gas, daycare etc! WHY cant she get that thru her head!


We let her pay anyhow..... lmao! Bitch.


I am tired, but I am happy. What mother isnt tired??? Especially when my son and husband seem to think this is a motel and I will do EVERYTHING for them. Im gonna start putting mints on the fucking pillows.


I go on strike, and the house disgusts me. They have no clue about cleanliness. I dont know what I did wrong, but the teenager SHOULDNT be this way! I hate it!
The baby's tooth recessed and we are fighting teething again..... AHHHHH This time, he is working on BOTH bottom teeth at once, rather than that bastard of a first tooth that comes and goes.... **sigh**


Well, Im done bitching. So, I will just keep looking at this photo, because it makes me smile... lol


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya, loud and clear! I wish we were closer, we could bitch together.... Luckily, you only have one teenager sitting on their ass, I have 5 tween & teens, sitting there watching me vacuum with the baby on my back (backpack), because he wanted me to hold him, an no one offered to help! That was the final straw, I refused to cook for a week, they all ate PB&J's or bologna sandwiches, with their serving of fruit and vegi. And I would do it all over again! Every meal, they thanked me; since they have warm meals again, I hear thank you hardly ever!

Unless you are a stay at home or work at home mom, people think we sit on our ass and eat bon bons all day while watching our soaps!

Keep staring at that picture, he is adorable. I haven't even seen mine today :( I am going through major withdrawls!